Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sweet Serendipity

I was only cleaning up after his mess. I didn’t think I would happen to come across this clandestine present. It was a cerulean box, small and square. Upon finding it, immediately I was discombobulated. I begin to think about all of the things it could be, fluctuating between an anniversary present or something much more important. I ran my fingers over the white silky ribbon tied neatly in a bow shape. The sensation that spread throughout my body started to take over. I shouldn’t. I know I shouldn’t open it. But I had to. I had to do this surreptitiously; he could not know that I had found this. I pulled the left side of the ribbon and watched it as it came apart. It was mesmerizing and entrancing, I could not stop. I had stripped the first layer off and all that was left to do was to lift the top off. In one smooth motion, the lid was off. Instantly, in a halcyon state, I had no words. It was the most beautiful ring I have ever laid my eyes on, the sunlight illuminated on it just perfectly. It was glowing from all angles. It was sweet serendipity that I could not wait to put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment